- Autodesk Revit Sundial Release Preview es una versión en la nube que incluye mejoras a ciertas características de Revit que actualmente no están disponibles en las versiones comerciales y muy importante no tienen garantía de salir.
- Se ejecuta en servidores remotos y se accede mediante un ejecutable que se instala en el ordenador local utilizando recursos como si de un navegador web se tratara.
- Está abierto a cualquier persona que desee participar y acepte los Términos de Servicio.
- A diferencia de las pruebas beta de Autodesk, se puede discutir públicamente y por lo tanto no es confidencial.
- No se puede guardar, exportar e imprimir, ya que no esta permitido su uso a nivel de producción y sólo se debe utilizar para conocer y experimentar las nuevas funcionalidades potenciales.
Release PreviewThe Release Preview provides a sneak peek into potential future enhancements for architects and MEP and structural engineers. With more than 35 features and enhancements to try, the preview includes Solon integration for more personalized building performance analysis, sequencing for power circuits, and enhanced rebar tools
Frequently Asked QuestionsGeneral Information
1. What is the Autodesk® Revit® Sundial Release Preview? Autodesk Revit Sundial Release Preview is a software preview available as a hosted solution that includes enhancements to certain features in Autodesk Revit that are currently not available in the commercial release. Revit Sundial is a release preview and therefore there are no guarantees all or any of the features will make it into a future release of Revit. Please keep this in mind when making any future purchasing decisions.
2. What is a hosted preview release? Hosted means the application runs on remote servers and you access it through a small receiver application that is installed on your computer. This allows you to run the application in a browser-style window that will not use valuable resources on your computer and it helps prevent possible issues that are caused by any potential pre-release product instabilities because the solution is hosted remotely versus on your desktop.
3. Who can participate? Autodesk Revit Sundial Release Preview is open to anyone. Those wishing to participate must also accept the Terms of Service located on the Revit Sundial Release Preview download page.
While the hosted release preview is available internationally, the servers hosting the preview are located in North America. Your distance from the host servers and the quality of your connection may affect your ability to interact with the hosted preview.
4. How do I access Autodesk Revit Sundial Release Preview? You can access the Autodesk Revit Sundial Release Preview through the Autodesk website – www.autodesk.com/revitsundial.
5. Where can I find out what is new in Autodesk Revit Sundial Release Preview? Information about new or updated features on the Inside the Factory blog.
6. Is Autodesk Revit Sundial confidential? No. Unlike Autodesk beta tests, Autodesk Revit Sundial Release Preview can be discussed publicly. We encourage you to share feedback on public forums or on our Inside the Factory blog.
7. Are there any limitations to what I can do in Autodesk Revit Sundial Release Preview? Autodesk Revit Sundial Release Preview is not intended for use in production and should only be used to experiment with potential new functionality. Therefore, we have disabled the ability to Save, Export, and Print.
FeaturesA few things that Revit Sundial has that Revit 2015 doesn't (shortlist):
- Reveal Constraints mode
- Load into Project and Close button in Family Editor (see video below)
- Search the Type Selector
- Select Background Colour
- Linking Revit model or a CAD file, the default positioning is now Auto - Origin to Origin (via this)
- PDF Export enhancements, Hyperlinks will work in printed PDF sets (via this tweet)
- Disallow multiple wall joins at once
- more things... comment if you find them